Need help with configuration of Timeslots and of multible USRPs

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 09:33:29 UTC 2014

Hi Norbert,

07 июля 2014 г. 15:40 пользователь "Norbert Englberger" <
Norbert.Englberger at unibw.de> написал:

> 2. I have been asked if I could enable "Frequency Hopping"
> Right now I already fail to bring up a second TRX with OpenBSC.
> I start 2 instances of "osmo-trx" with 2 differents IP-Addresses but the
> same port, after that I start "osmobts-trx" with the "-t 2" parameter.
> OpenBSC seems to see both USRPs but the LED'S an the USRPs indicate that
> only one is completely powered up and transmitting (a quick check with an
> Motorola with RSSI also shows only one ARFC).
> So how do I have to start  "osmo-trx" to enable transmitting on both URSPs
> as TRX0 and TRX1 in one BTS?
> After that, is it possible to configure "Frequency hopping" with this
setup?
> (Because when I changed the value "hopping enabled" of the timeslots in
> open-bts.cfg to "1" I get a message that this type of BTS does not support
> hopping)

Using two osmo-trx's or two devices with a single osmo-trx is not supported
at this moment and there are no current plans to support this
configuration, AFAIK.

That said, we're working on supporting frequency hopping with a single
device. I expect this to be ready for testing in the next few months.

Please excuse typos. Written with a touchscreen keyboard.

Alexander Chemeris
CEO Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co