[RFC/PATCH] tlv/msgb: Be able to generate and parse TLV as used by LLDP

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Jul 10 07:13:11 UTC 2014

Hi!

we have the need to generate and parse LLDP frames and would like to
use the TLV infrastructure of libosmocore for it. In LLDP the tag is
only 7bit and the length is 9bit long. To make this work with the tlv
parsing routines we need to shift the tag. But this means that when
somebody is a tlv_definition with the T7L9 type and others we might
match the wrong thing. I would like to include the feature as it is
right now. The alternative would be to create a separate tlv_parse
and tlv_parse_one routine for the other type.

comments?
	holger