Decoding example data with osmo-gmr

Johann T. johann.tzt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 13:16:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have been looking into the example data provided by Osmocom as shown in
the link below.

http://osmocom.org/projects/gmr/wiki/Example_Data

I could reproduce the first pcap output (up to the Ciphering Mode Command)
for the Voice call using the gmr1_rx_live from the live branch.

With the provided Kc, I thought I would be able to reproduce the second
pcap (including the call setup). I have modified the sa_tch3.c to include
the Kc code. However, I am not able to get the results as shown in the
second pcap file. I noticed that in the sa_tch3.c code, there is a
ciphering part (marked by "Retry with ciphering") which was disabled. This
part of code didn't compile as some variables were not defined.

Probably my approach was not right. Any pointer here? Which code is needed
to produce the second pcap (deciphered) file given the Kc is known?
Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Johann