OsmoDevCon 2022 ?

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Wed Nov 3 14:08:07 UTC 2021

On 11/2/21 11:22, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> I'm definitely for it and would attend and the usual timeframe sounds good.
>
> As for the modalities.
>   - Vaccinated : Sure.

Agree, I consider this a must (or some sort of equivalent certificate).

>   - Self Test : Although a test before departure sounds like a good
> idea, I'm not really sure of the need / efficacy of a day to day test.
> But I also have no issue taking one if people are more comfortable
> that way or think it's worth it.

I'd say at least providing a PCR/antigen test over last 24-48h is
enough, given that I expect no much social interaction with third
parties once OsmoDevCon starts, since we'll be most part of the day
together. That'd be fine for me. Maybe one can be enforced during the
first day at start of the event.

>   - Venue : Obvious questions is what are the alternatives :)

While in general I like being at IN Berlin during the conferences, it
would be a good idea to explore other venues for this year, were we can
have a bit more space between people and a bigger volume of ventilated
air, maybe also with some extra place outside.

>   - Masks : You didn't mention it in your original email, but
> personally I think in this context ( low number of people, but quite
> extended period of time, + meals / drinks ), their efficacy would be
> negligible. But again, if the consensus is to wear them, I have no
> issues with that.

The specific rules regarding this topic can probably be
discussed/announced a few days/weeks before the event, to take into
account current legislation, epidemic numbers, etc. since it doesn't
involve any kind of organization ahead.

Regards,
Pau

--