OsmoDevCon 2022 ?

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 10:22:21 UTC 2021

Hi Harald,

I'm definitely for it and would attend and the usual timeframe sounds good.

As for the modalities.
 - Vaccinated : Sure.
 - Self Test : Although a test before departure sounds like a good
idea, I'm not really sure of the need / efficacy of a day to day test.
But I also have no issue taking one if people are more comfortable
that way or think it's worth it.
 - Venue : Obvious questions is what are the alternatives :)
 - Ventilation : I honestly have no idea on the efficacy of that, but
if you got filters for the sysmocom office, I guess you did some
research and if they are movable and not obnoxiously loud, that can't
hurt.
 - Masks : You didn't mention it in your original email, but
personally I think in this context ( low number of people, but quite
extended period of time, + meals / drinks ), their efficacy would be
negligible. But again, if the consensus is to wear them, I have no
issues with that.

This is of course just my 2ct and also for my personal situation (like
for instance I know I can easily have a week "buffer" before/after the
event where I'll have virtually no contacts).
Looking forward to hear what others think.

Cheers,

    Sylvain