OsmoDevCon 2022 ?

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Tue Nov 2 09:25:47 UTC 2021

Dear fellow Osmocom developers,

as you all know, we've sadly had to skip OsmoDevCon 2020 and 2021,
trying to compensate it at least to some extent with our OsmoDevCall
every two weeks.

The COVID-19 pandemic is far from over, and we don't know what the
upcoming winter season will bring.

Nevertheless, I think it would be a good idea to start a discussion of
whether we should plan for an OsmoDevCon in 2022.

I personally would say let's plan for the usual late April 2022 time frame,
and if the pandemic situation deteriorates, we can still cancel it with
something like one month lead time.

I would also personally suggest to limit attendance to people who are fully
vaccinated, and in addition do a self-test for all participants every
morning.

In terms of venue, we might also consider to move to a venue that allows better
ventilation.  Irrespective of the above we can also bring the air filters from
the sysmocom office.

So with that as an input statement, I would like to hear your opinion
on the above proposals.  Who would want to attend? Any complaints against
the "vaccinated only plus daily self-tests in the morning" approach?

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/