JTAG setup for Pirelli DP-L10

ubuntugirl ubuntugirl2013 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 18:15:49 UTC 2013

On 7/26/13, Steve Markgraf <steve at steve-m.de> wrote:
> None, actually. I just directly soldered some pieces of enamelled wire
> to the pads of the footprint.

Got it. I thought initially that populating the "proper" connector on
there (an FPC one, no doubt) would probably be cleaner, but then one
would need a custom-made FPC cable to go with that... too expensive.
:(

> I used a Bus Blaster v2, but any other adapter that is supported by
> OpenOCD and can handle 3.3V levels should work fine. (Actually the
> Calypso uses 2.8V IO-levels, but 3.3V works anyway).

Thanks for the info. At my day job we have some other jtaggers (don't
remember the make & model) that appear to be similar (also based on
the FTDI chip) - when I'm back at work, I'll take a look and see if
they support 3.3V or 2.8V.

> I soldered the wires to a 0.1" pin header, and then used a few 1 pin
> female-female jumper wires to connect them to the Bus Blaster.

Sounds reasonable... will probably do the same or similar once I get
my own BB or a similar jtagger.

Now while I have your attention... I'm trying to gain a better
understanding of the display subsystem on this phone - maybe even get
the camera to work (dreaming). I wonder, has anyone been able to find
a datasheet or other docs for the SPCA552E chip? The code that's
currently in git implements a combined driver for the S6B33B1X and
this Sunplus chip; the datasheet for the S6B33B1X was readily findable
via Google, but not the other chip.

If no one ever succeeded in finding any docs for the SPCA552E, I
wonder where the comments on lines 110-123 of
src/target/firmware/fb/fb_s6b33b1x.c came from...

Kim