wiki: SIMReader Was: Sim on C115 & C118

Dario Lombardo dario.lombardo at libero.it
Wed Jan 19 08:25:53 UTC 2011

On 01/18/2011 09:29 PM, Bogdan Alecu wrote:
> Someone said that there should be two separate discussion lists - for
> users and dev - because there are newbie questions around. Well, I
> must tell you that I really did read the wiki, watched the
> presentations and so on and still couldn't find a complete guide on
> how to use Osmocom. As you can see, in the case above it wasn't at all
> my fault that the parameter was missing. Please don't jump to
> conclusions so quickly. My impression is that for an open-source
> project it seems to be more closed. If you did discover something then
> why not share?

I think that the right suggestion came from Harald: project experts
shouldn't answer to newbies questions, but just answer more complex
ones. I think that other people that faced the basic issues can answer,
in this case. I understand both points of view: newbies want to be
helped, and they ask always the same questions (and it's right because,
I must admin, documentation is not so good), and experts are tired of
giving always the same infos. Remember that this is not a product but an
community project, so we must act as a community. Contributions to wiki
should be done, too.
I definitely like this project.
Dario.