Greetings

nibbler nibbler at ccc.de
Fri May 14 03:19:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, 13 May 2010 18:36:31 +0200
Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> dexter wrote:
> >> suggested to implement the SIM access profile.
> > Why? I don't see any advantages in this

Did you have a look at the spec?

http://nibbler.de/attic/bluetooth/profile%20SAP%20v1.1.pdf

See page 23 and 32.

It basically implements a minimalistic remote card reader that
forwards APDUs to and from the SIM. All the lower level protocols have
already been implemented e.g. in the Linux kernel.

While it might indeed be not a thing to implement first, it still looks
worth keeping it in mind and interfaces open for a later integration of
SAP as a convenient way to access SIMs remotely.

cheers,
nibbler

p.s. don't spread the link as i don't know exactly about the copyright
implications of all the bluetooth documents in that folder. I happened
to have an account for the SIG document repository thus found it handy
to mirror the specification documents which to my knowledge are not
publicly available.