MS behavior with dysfunctional GPRS
msuraev at sysmocom.de
Thu May 26 09:31:23 UTC 2016
Imagine following configuration:
- GSM network advertises GPRS capabilities in System Information messages
- It's not actually available (SGSN crashed, all the timeslots are
occupied by TCH etc)
What would be expected behavior for MS in this scenario?
Shall it switch to alternative network in hope of getting promised GPRS?
Shall it hang on the currently camped network providing voice/sms only?
Which spec(s) cover that? What could be decision factors for the MS? SIM
entries, some data in SI, some timeout somewhere, smth else?
Max Suraev <msuraev at sysmocom.de> http://www.sysmocom.de/
* sysmocom - systems for mobile communications GmbH
* Alt-Moabit 93
* 10559 Berlin, Germany
* Sitz / Registered office: Berlin, HRB 134158 B
* Geschaeftsfuehrer / Managing Directors: Holger Freyther, Harald Welte
More information about the osmocom-net-gprs