SIM related question

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 23:41:28 UTC 2011

Hi all,
after loading L1 to RAM and starting mobile app, "show cell" is giving me :

OsmocomBB# show cell 1
arfcn  |MCC    |MNC    |LAC    |cell ID|forb.LA|prio   |min-db |max-pwr|rx-lev
-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------

and

OsmocomBB# network search 1
logs :
<0002> gsm322.c:3099 (ms 1) Event 'EVENT_USER_RESEL' for automatic
PLMN selection in state 'A6 no SIM inserted'
<0002> gsm322.c:3106 Event unhandled at this state.

I have inserted SIM in the phone, and I know that SIM controller
driver is not functional on the master branch.

However, is there something that can be done even in this state to
have some packet logging in Wireshark ?

I.e. do we need SIM for any communication over Um. I guess not, and I
want to start at this state, and observe some packets that are
traversing the stack for educational reasons.

Can somebody point me how this can be done (with current master and no
SIM functional).

Best regards,
Drasko