osmo-bts-trx compilation

stephane at shimaore.net stephane at shimaore.net
Sat Dec 28 14:42:55 UTC 2013

Hi Andrew,

> I recently followed the instructions on the wiki and it worked fine
> for me and without having to make any changes.
>   http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/network_from_scratch

I guess I must have tried that at first but skipped it because openbsc
didn't want to build in the `jolly/testing` branch. However for the
little bits open-bts-trx depends on in the openbsc code, this works
fine (oops!).

So really the current path to compile the osmo-bts-trx jolly/trx branch
remains to use the openbsc jolly/testing branch (as indicated on the
wiki). I'll update my notes.

As I said, the jolly/testing branch of openbsc doesn't build fully.
(Although I guess this still leaves you with an osmo-nitb binary!)
The `master` branch of openbsc builds properly, that's why I got stuck
with that in my mind ("it builds so it's the one to use!").

I'm not sure what the feature differences and stability are, though.
osmo-nitb (master branch) crashes when I try to place mobile-to-mobile
calls, I need to experiment with the different versions.
S.

--
Stéphane Alnet -- Telecom Artisan. OpenSource Advocate.
Development and integration for FreeSwitch, OpenSIPS, CouchDB, Node.js.