osmo-bts-trx compilation

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 14:58:27 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I think this discussion is better suited for the openbsc mailing list,
as it is not specific to UmTRX. I would recommend you to move it
there.

That said, we're using network_from_scratch procedure here, may be
with minor changes, and it works very well.

Crashes you've seen may be related to some incompatibility between
osmo-bts, osmo-nitb and libosmocore.

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM,  <stephane at shimaore.net> wrote:
>> I recently followed the instructions on the wiki and it worked fine
>> for me and without having to make any changes.
>>   http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/network_from_scratch
>
> I guess I must have tried that at first but skipped it because openbsc
> didn't want to build in the `jolly/testing` branch. However for the
> little bits open-bts-trx depends on in the openbsc code, this works
> fine (oops!).
>
> So really the current path to compile the osmo-bts-trx jolly/trx branch
> remains to use the openbsc jolly/testing branch (as indicated on the
> wiki). I'll update my notes.
>
> As I said, the jolly/testing branch of openbsc doesn't build fully.
> (Although I guess this still leaves you with an osmo-nitb binary!)
> The `master` branch of openbsc builds properly, that's why I got stuck
> with that in my mind ("it builds so it's the one to use!").
>
> I'm not sure what the feature differences and stability are, though.
> osmo-nitb (master branch) crashes when I try to place mobile-to-mobile
> calls, I need to experiment with the different versions.
> S.
>
> --
> Stéphane Alnet -- Telecom Artisan. OpenSource Advocate.
> Development and integration for FreeSwitch, OpenSIPS, CouchDB, Node.js.
> Mobile: +33643482771 - http://shimaore.net/ - https://github.com/shimaore/

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио