AirSpy & sdr tools ?

Jean-Paul Le Fèvre jean-paul.lefevre at cea.fr
Thu Mar 3 12:17:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

After having played with a DX-Patrol device for a while using the sdr
tools (sdr_tcp, sdr_fm, etc.) I've purchased an AirSpy and I would like
to experiment with it.

However reading the GrOsmoSDR page I see that AirSpy is supposed to be
supported by the gr-osmosdr library but on the other hand the wiki page
rtl-sdr does not mention it.

I've recompiled the file librtlsdr.c after having added the id product
and vendor of the AirSpy in the code.

But I figure out that it is not sufficient and even maybe that it does
not make sense.

Is there a way to make the sdr tool set (sdr_*) compatible with the AirSpy ?

--
Jean-Paul Le Fèvre - CEA Saclay Irfu
Svom Scientific Ground Segment project manager