AW: rtl-tcp-server running on avm-fritzbox

df8oe at gmx.de df8oe at gmx.de
Thu Jun 6 08:19:38 UTC 2013

Am Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2013, 09:52:09 schrieb Robert Kiendl:
> Hi,
>
> I guess there is a permission problem accessing the device. Under normal
> conditions udev is doing the permission stuff when plugging in the device.
> I have had once the similar issue for own compiled binary mipsbe for
> mikrotik and tplink devices. Because of the lack of udev is simply altered
> the permission after plugging the dongle (something like
> /dev/dvb/adapter[something]  perms 755) This made it work afterwards.
>
> Hope this info helps,
>
> Ciao Robert, 73 de oe6rke

I have figured out the device is unter /dev/usb/001/004 and I changed the
permissions from 744 to 755 but this does not change anything. rtl_test is
running with root permissions.... There are only the folders block, bus, char,
dsl_vr9, input, net and pts under /dev...

Maybe it is a permission problem - but I have no idea where to look.

Best regards
Andreas, df8oe