Testcase + commit on EDGE patches

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Jul 12 11:58:21 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 08:43:25AM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> * Add a test case that triggers the broken behavior. With a xUnit framework we would add an expected failure, with our approach we either capture the broken output, comment the OSMO_ASSERT or revert the OSMO_ASSERT condition.

Yes: I would typically like to first submit an XFAIL test to show that the
behavior is broken, then fix the problem as well as the result expectation
in the same commit.

But in all osmocom projects I'm active in there is no XFAIL...
So I would submit the test and the fix in the same commit.
To verify the test, one would revert the fixing part of the commit.

We can't add easily a way to expect failure with autotest, can we?

> please do the refactoring _before_ applying the bugfix.

+1

> For bugfixes try to make them as small and clear as possible.

+1

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/