EDGE over osmo-pcu

Jacob Erlbeck jerlbeck at sysmocom.de
Fri Feb 5 10:22:40 UTC 2016

Hi Sipos

On 04.02.2016 22:40, Sipos Csaba wrote:

> Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work.

Thank you. And many thanks to Sysmocom and On-Waves to make this possible.

> I hope I can do some testing on the weekend with a B200. I will also update the wiki article if needed.

It is not in master yet and my development (wip) branch is still a mess
(GPRS is b0rken in the latter), but this should improve soon. I'll put
the revised commits to jerlbeck/master first.

> Just one question: for MCS5-9 in the downlink there is no need to update the Osmo-TRX code? Does it support 8PSK as it is now?

I've only tested it with the sysmobts with direct DSP access so far and
haven't looked at the Osmo-TRX or the pcu-if socket based connection to
the BTS. But currently the CS/MCS choice is only communicated indirectly
via the RLC block size which is unique for each coding scheme. The CPS
(coding and puncturing scheme) is also not passed explicitly, only
within the header which is different for each MCS header type. So the
API for downlink blocks hasn't change, and it should only depend of the
MCS encoding/decoding capabilities of the RF DSP/software.

Regards

Jacob

--
- Jacob Erlbeck <jerlbeck at sysmocom.de>       http://www.sysmocom.de/