[osmocom-event-orga] 35c3: LOC asks what do we need?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Oct 20 11:32:08 UTC 2018

Alexander Couzens wrote:
> we got a mail from the LOC (Logisitic Openration Center).

Thanks a lot for forwarding their mail!

> They ask us:
>
> - do we need any space from the LOC?
> - do we need any stuff? expentable materials? Gaffa/Tape, Zipties?
> - do we need any tables?

They also inform us that nothing can be stored in the LOC hall (4)
during the event, because the hall will be used by participants, ie.
also part of the event, and must be clear of anything flammable.

LOC will have to play Towers of Hanoi with any material in storage,
so ask that we bring nothing more to Leipzig than is actually needed
for deployment. AFAIK we haven't relied on LOC for storage during the
event, so I don't think we have a problem.

I think we should try to arrange transport of equipment from Berlin
to Leipzig along with all the other stuff going that route, so we
could ask LOC by when we would need to deliver material to them in
Berlin, for it to arrive in Leipzig by the time we start setup.

It seems our team will be on site a bit earlier this year than last,
which means we may also need to deliver equipment to LOC in Berlin
earlier, for it to be on site by the time we arrive.

> I'm not yet sure how we get the GSM Room (again)?

I guess that it has already been reserved for us, but I'll verify
that until Sunday. I'll probably come to AfrA a bit late, around
18:00 or so.

See you then!

//Peter