[osmocom-event-orga] osmoserv online

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Dec 3 18:24:21 UTC 2018

Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> Some bad news came through on IRC, being that we will not get 850 MHz band
> spectrum. That's disappointing, but I'm going to continue, naively assuming
> that 1800 will work out in the end.

I hope 1800 happens. We can get 824-831 MHz (or was it 821-834?) but
I don't know whether that's of any use for the femtocells and handsets.

> neels at dub5

Added to root at 195.160.172.53 which is the hypervisor.

> > The OS I've set up is a stage4 that I built with catalyst (Gentoo tooling)
>
> Can I get around having to learn $names? i.e. I just get a root login to
> a "gsm" host running a bare Debian?

You'll have to learn some $names to be able to bring that gsm system up.

At the moment there is an unused /dev/sda2 waiting to be set up somehow
encrypted. The encryption secret shouldn't be stored on that machine so
mounting of that encrypted partition can only be done manually.

Once the encrypted partition is mounted where machined looks for
images then machinectl can start a tarball or other machined image
very easily.

We could also consider storing the container(s) in RAM, but that's
maybe a bit too risky. :)

> (I'd go for 'buster' because that's what I tested the current
> ansible with, and we got a gcc segfault in osmo-iuh on Debian stable)

Is such a "bare" buster container image available somewhere?

//Peter