[osmocom-event-orga] 34c3 congress gsm network / AfRA 9.12. 14:00

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Fri Dec 8 08:08:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

> It appears there will be 3 ARFCN in the 1800 MHz band we can use.  But
only
> those three, not more.  The license still has to be issued, but the
primary
> licensee (operator) has apparently confirmed we can use those three.

Is there a good contact to them? I got my test license revoked when the
spectrum was sold, but a request to the new owner kept unanswered :( For now
I am testing on 860 MHz ISM bands, for private use this is quite fine to me,
but not for public presentations. The UMTS 850 assignment shows that the
BNetzA appears being open for unusual assignments...

> --
> - Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>
http://laforge.gnumonks.org/

Ralph.