[osmocom-event-orga] 34c3 congress gsm network / AfRA 9.12. 14:00

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Dec 8 16:26:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:
> > It appears there will be 3 ARFCN in the 1800 MHz band we can use.
> > But only those three, not more. The license still has to be issued,
> > but the primary licensee (operator) has apparently confirmed we can
> > use those three.
>
> Is there a good contact to them?

No.

The only connection is AFAIK over quite many hops - and to be honest I
am quite surprised (but happy!) whenever it is possible for the event
to use any licensed spectrum at all, considering how involved that is
behind the scenes.

> I got my test license revoked when the spectrum was sold, but a
> request to the new owner kept unanswered :(

I wouldn't bother. Licensees can't "sublet" very easily.

> The UMTS 850 assignment shows that the BNetzA appears being open
> for unusual assignments...

I know that at least one university was also granted an assignment in
UMTS bands not used by commercial operators in Germany. You can
certainly talk with them. But even an assignment for your site isn't
very helpful if you want to do a demonstration somewhere else...

//Peter