GSM at OHM2013

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 08:42:47 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> Sylvain Munaut wrote:
>> As for OpenBTS, we then really need to find a way to run both network
>> at once and have them cooperate properly at all levels.
>
> I don't know if it's widely known - for a short time we actually did
> have both networks running at once, and calling between them as well
> as into either one from DECT was working fine, all thanks to lcr
> supporting multiple interfaces. Really cool. SMS is the only missing
> piece, I hope we'll have the SMSC working this spring too.

Could you document the setup you used?
I kind of heard about this, but i think only very few people really
know how this happened actually. And I believe this is an important
knowledge which should be preserved and maintained.

>> (and implementing the *#100# USSD on openbts should also be done
>> for consistency).
>
> It looks like at least Max and I will go to EasterHegg end of March -
> maybe others too - that will be a nice environment both for some more
> experimental testing and to get some hacking done. :)

USSD support should be merged into OpenBTS P2.8 to be usable. We
implemented it for OpenBTS P2.6, but this code is quite bit-rotten.
I.e. it's something which definitely doable, but requires some
preparation "off-line" before going to the event.

Could we have an event page on a wiki to start collecting ToDo items like this?

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru