GSM at OHM2013

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Jan 25 23:36:19 UTC 2013

Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> We had a pretty good coverage at CCC camp AFAIR, so that should even
> be enough.

The MetroSite is powerful, but it's still somewhat of an open
question how stable OpenBSC is with it. I had issues when testing
last year. I'm looking forward to doing more testing this spring,
to get an idea for OHM.

> As for OpenBTS, we then really need to find a way to run both network
> at once and have them cooperate properly at all levels.

I don't know if it's widely known - for a short time we actually did
have both networks running at once, and calling between them as well
as into either one from DECT was working fine, all thanks to lcr
supporting multiple interfaces. Really cool. SMS is the only missing
piece, I hope we'll have the SMSC working this spring too.

> (and implementing the *#100# USSD on openbts should also be done
> for consistency).

It looks like at least Max and I will go to EasterHegg end of March -
maybe others too - that will be a nice environment both for some more
experimental testing and to get some hacking done. :)

//Peter