OpenBSC / OpenBTS integration

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:23:59 UTC 2012

Holger,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther
<holger at freyther.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:19:09PM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
>> What kind of interconnection do you have with the POC?
>
> E1, or last time: E1 over IP. I wouldn't want to switch from E1
> to SIP at this point in time for osmo-nitb/LCR. So in your setup
> this would probably be OpenBTS -> LCR/SIP -> LCR/E1..

Ok. We'll look into this.
Do you know how we could test this interconnection before CCC?

Could we interconnect with OpenBSC in the same way? I have little
knowledge of OpenBSC, so I'll let Dmitri Soloviev to handle this part,
but I want to know your opinion too.

>> Do you have statistics from previous CCC about the usage patterns? We
>> would be happy to use mornings/evenings if they provide enough load to
>> expose bugs/issues. If the load would be close to zero, then the
>> testing will be useless for us.
>
> Harald had some but I never copied the data. But there are two things.
>
> 1.) Whenever you switch on/off BTS you should see LUs from both
> Congress SIM users and international subscribers.

I don't think LUs will be a problem.
Calls and SMS are much more interesting to test.

> 2.) Amount of voice calls was low IIRC.

And that's what worries me - we would love to test the system under
more voice/SMS load.

One idea which came to my mind recently is to implement some fun (or
useful) value added services on our network which would encourage
people to make calls or send messages. I hope we'll have integration
with SwitchCoder.com soon and we could use it for VAS development. Or
may be even let participants to develop services using it. This is a
bare idea right now, thus please comment, criticize and improve.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru