OpenBSC / OpenBTS integration

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Oct 16 20:06:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:19:09PM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> Hi Holger,

Hi Alexander,

> What kind of interconnection do you have with the POC?

E1, or last time: E1 over IP. I wouldn't want to switch from E1
to SIP at this point in time for osmo-nitb/LCR. So in your setup
this would probably be OpenBTS -> LCR/SIP -> LCR/E1..

> Do you have statistics from previous CCC about the usage patterns? We
> would be happy to use mornings/evenings if they provide enough load to
> expose bugs/issues. If the load would be close to zero, then the
> testing will be useless for us.

Harald had some but I never copied the data. But there are two things.

1.) Whenever you switch on/off BTS you should see LUs from both
Congress SIM users and international subscribers.

2.) Amount of voice calls was low IIRC.

holger