Anyone still using mISDN for OpenBSC / OsmoBSC / OsmoMGW ?

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Wed Nov 10 06:11:46 UTC 2021

Hi Harald,

I don't see why mISDN should be removed from Kernel. Beside talking to
TDM based GSM equipment, it can be used to connect ISDN phones and
gateways to make regular phone calls.

I use 'osmo-cc-misdn-endpoint' in conjunction with
'osmo-cc-sip-endpoint' as a new gateway application to replace LCR.
(https://osmocom.org/projects/osmo-cc) And there are other users that
have some kind of gateway setup to interconnect their ISDN equipment to
SIP. Some of them use LCR, a few others use osmo-cc-*-endpoints.

If there is trouble with current kernel API, I would help to fix it.
Feel free to forward my opinion to netdev and Arndt Bergmann.

Best regards,

Andreas