Humor of people involved in GSM standardization

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Sat Nov 28 09:25:46 UTC 2020

Dear Osmocom community,

I'd like to share this with you, as I believe not many have read the
book "GSM and UMTS; The Creation of Global Mobile Communications" by
Friedhelm Hillebrand (who by the way just received the Order of Merit of
the Federal Republic of Germany for his substantial contributions to
mobile communications).

The document (and some others on the included CD-ROM that comes with the
book) reminds me to the much more widely known "Aprils Fool RFCs"
within the IETF.  It's a pity that ETSI - unlike IETF - didn't go through
with it and hence those documents were never officially published, so
that today only some fax scans seem to exist.

Enjoy!

--
- Harald Welte <hwelte at sysmocom.de>             http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93