osmo-hlr db upgrade behavior poll

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Jan 15 14:24:26 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 05:36:25PM +0100, Keith wrote:
> What would it take to copy the database to a backup before upgrading,
> (from within osmo-hlr)? Not much, right?
>
> just copy it to hlr.db.version.timestamp or some such.

And then two years later admin goes: what, where are all these huge backup
files coming from, cluttering my operations file system? I was supposed to
delete all contact information after six months according to terms of service!

:P

> Could it be that when the package is upgraded, the installer stops and
> asks for intervention like some debian packages, you know especially
> when they go "oops, you edited a file..."

Yes, that would probably be a good idea.
People building from source are anyway assumed to know what they're doing...

~N