coding style: fixed indenting vs align-with-brace

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Feb 8 08:06:04 UTC 2019

Hi Holger,

I'm personally not convinced any related tools would improve my personal workflow,
but if it helps others, I'm of course happy about related suggestions.

On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 11:05:23AM +0000, Holger Freyther wrote:
> This can be integrated into the jenkins tests to fail verification if clang-format would introduce a diff.

wireshark has somwthing like a pre-commit hook in their repository that
prevents you from even pushing changes that don't pass validation (such
as non-terminated value_string arrays). I've never studied it in detail
how they do it, but it works out of the box after cloning the
repository.  I don't recall having to manually configure something to
get this.