coding style: fixed indenting vs align-with-brace

Max msuraev at sysmocom.de
Thu Feb 7 14:51:02 UTC 2019

Hi.

In general though, I'm pretty happy with the current alignment we use
right now because my editor automatically does that for me. Yes, some
patches changing only some of the parameters might introduce
inconsistencies but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Either
relaxing patch review to allow realignment in the same patch as
functional change or having separate cosmetic patch would fix that.

So personally I don't see any need to change anything right now.

07.02.19 12:05, Holger Freyther пишет:

> I have been using clang-format for a while. It is quite relieving to just type and let the tool format the code according to the agreed style. We can use the kernel .clang-format and modify it for our changes.
>
> This can be integrated into the jenkins tests to fail verification if clang-format would introduce a diff.
>
> holger

Wouldn't we need to fix formatting of all the files first?

Otherwise patches fixing current "incorrect" formatting to whatever we
agree on would fail the tests.

--
- Max Suraev <msuraev at sysmocom.de>       http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93