strange registering behaviour on osmo-bsc

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Feb 2 07:13:19 UTC 2018

Hi!

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 07:14:41PM +0000, Sandi Suhendro wrote:
> 20180201190135844 DAUC <0003> hlr.c:79 510106127044410: IMSI known, but has
> no auth data; Returning slightly inaccurate cause 'IMSI Unknown' via GSUP

the error is quite clear: You have only an IMSI in your HLR, but no authentication
tokens (key material) for cryptographic authentication.

If at the same time you have configured your network to perform authentication (i.e.
not explicitly disabled it), then this will of course result in an error.

Either you enter key data in the HLR for your SIM cards, or you disable authentication.

> Does the new osmo-bsc on master cannot use? or maybe I need to investigate
> more?

The BSC has nothing to do with it.  Your error is in OsmoMSC or OsmoHLR configuration.