Building openBSC in Ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19

Anindya Sankar Roy anindya.s at toshniwalcontrols.com
Thu Sep 14 06:55:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

 I am getting this error, can anyone tell me what I need to do from
studying the error message

lab at openair4G:~/dev/open-gsm/osmo-bsc$ autoreconf -fi
configure.ac:9: installing './install-sh'
configure.ac:9: installing './missing'
src/ipaccess/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
src/libbsc/Makefile.am:16: error: library used but 'RANLIB' is undefined
src/libbsc/Makefile.am:16:   The usual way to define 'RANLIB' is to add
'AC_PROG_RANLIB'
src/libbsc/Makefile.am:16:   to 'configure.ac' and run 'autoconf' again.
src/libcommon-cs/Makefile.am:16: error: library used but 'RANLIB' is
undefined
src/libcommon-cs/Makefile.am:16:   The usual way to define 'RANLIB' is to
add 'AC_PROG_RANLIB'
src/libcommon-cs/Makefile.am:16:   to 'configure.ac' and run 'autoconf'
again.
src/libcommon/Makefile.am:16: error: library used but 'RANLIB' is undefined
src/libcommon/Makefile.am:16:   The usual way to define 'RANLIB' is to add
'AC_PROG_RANLIB'
src/libcommon/Makefile.am:16:   to 'configure.ac' and run 'autoconf' again.
src/libfilter/Makefile.am:17: error: library used but 'RANLIB' is undefined
src/libfilter/Makefile.am:17:   The usual way to define 'RANLIB' is to add
'AC_PROG_RANLIB'
src/libfilter/Makefile.am:17:   to 'configure.ac' and run 'autoconf' again.
src/libtrau/Makefile.am:23: error: library used but 'RANLIB' is undefined
src/libtrau/Makefile.am:23:   The usual way to define 'RANLIB' is to add
'AC_PROG_RANLIB'
src/libtrau/Makefile.am:23:   to 'configure.ac' and run 'autoconf' again.
src/utils/Makefile.am:114: warning: compiling 'meas_json.c' with per-target
flags requires 'AM_PROG_CC_C_O' in 'configure.ac'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Thanks
Anindya