Building openBSC in Ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Thu Sep 14 00:09:42 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 06:20:33PM +0530, Anindya Sankar Roy wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have gone through some of the documentations and now trying to install
> osmoBSC i.e just the BSC part not the openBSC or osmoNITB. I am kind of
> confused , can anyone please tell me if I can build just the BSC part and
> in order to do that what are the packages that I have to configure.

Before you build, be aware of the
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Nightly_Builds
that may get you started without even installing a compiler.

If you really want to build:

We have the old/current osmo-bsc in openbsc.git.
There you need to explicitly enable osmo-bsc:
  ./configure --enable-osmo-bsc

We now also have the new osmo-bsc.git where you may build it on its own, but be
aware that it has moved to an actual M3UA SIGTRAN towards the MSC and is
currently not capable of SCCPlite, which the old osmo-bsc supports.

Find more detail at
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Build_from_Source

HTH!

~N