autoreconf: "header not found" in generated source

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue May 2 20:36:32 UTC 2017

Hi Vadim,

On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 03:19:03AM +0700, Vadim Yanitskiy wrote:

> > We tend to put all headers used from several locations in
> > openbsc/openbsc/include/openbsc/ (as noinst_HEADERS in the Makefile.am).
> > To #include, you would use something like #include <openbsc/conv.h>.
>
> Yeah, I tried to put one into include/osmocom/tests/, but Harald and Sylvain
> voted against this approach. So I decided to go this way.

The difference is:

* openbsc doesn't install any headers, and thus all 'include/openbsc'
  headers are local to the program
* libosmocore isntalls all headers, and thus all 'include/osmocom'
  headers are installable

So if you want to have private header files in libosmcoore (or any other
library) you have to put them somewhere else, e.g. in the 'src'
directory, as it is already done at several other places.