autoreconf: "header not found" in generated source

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Tue May 2 21:05:54 UTC 2017

Hi Harald,

> The difference is:
>
> * openbsc doesn't install any headers, and thus all 'include/openbsc'
>  headers are local to the program
> * libosmocore isntalls all headers, and thus all 'include/osmocom'
>  headers are installable

It is reasonable, and I support this idea. But anyway we have some
noinst_HEADERS in include/Makefile.am, they are:

noinst_HEADERS = \
    osmocom/core/timer_compat.h \
    osmocom/gsm/kasumi.h osmocom/gsm/gea.h

So why they are among with other installable headers?
Are there any reasons to keep them here?

> So if you want to have private header files in libosmcoore
> (or any other library) you have to put them somewhere else,
> e.g. in the 'src' directory, as it is already done at several
> other places.

I think, you already pointed the strongest reason, why this
header should be outside the include/ directory: because it
only needed during unit tests, and nowhere else. And I absolutely
agree with you.

Now the problem is solved, and this discussion should be closed.

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.