osmo-(bts-)trx multi-trx is broken

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 11:59:31 UTC 2017

Hi Max,

Multi-trx works properly with UmTRX which is our reference platform. We've
also done partial testing with OpenCellular - spectrum analyser showed that
TX is fine, but we haven't tested with a phone. With UmTRX we tested
everything.

Since OpenCellular is a B210 derivative, it should work fine as well.

Could you try adding -x option to osmo-trx to enable external clock? If you
have a spectrum analyser, I would recommend you to use it to test the
signal and frequency offset of the signal.

On general, if everything starts and you don't see a network, it's most
likely a clock or RF issue.

For -m option fail it would be great if you create a ticket and attach logs.

Please excuse typos. Written with a touchscreen keyboard.

Alexander Chemeris
CTO/Founder Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co