osmo-(bts-)trx multi-trx is broken

Max msuraev at sysmocom.de
Fri Mar 3 11:16:17 UTC 2017

Hi.

There's been few updates to osmo-bts-trx recently so I've decided to get
back to https://projects.osmocom.org/issues/1648 and it seems like it's
completely broken:
- the "multiplexing" option (osmo-trx -m -c 2) which used to work now
leads to startup error of osmo-trx
- the "separate channel" option (osmo-trx -c 2) which wasn't working
properly but at least phone could see the network, now leads to
situation where no network is visible

Am I missing some magic combination of .cfg and command-line parameters
which could make it work? Am I using too old version of uhd or smth else?

The hw has not changed (usrp b210 + external 10MHz reference clock) but
maybe I've got to do some calibrations on it?

Any ideas as to what could be causing those regressions?

Is there anyone out there for whom some multi-trx setup is working? If
so, I'd like to compare notes to understand why it isn't working form me.

--
Max Suraev <msuraev at sysmocom.de> http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93