jenkins: Osmocom_Sanitizer build fails

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sun Jun 18 18:35:52 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:39:19AM +0800, Holger Freyther wrote:
> can you think of a way to help us "spot" such things more early?

our osmocom jenkins is unable to send emails. I once failed to get it working
by using my own smtp account (IIRC). Important build failures should be sent to
to the "high noise" ML gerrit-log at lists.osmocom.org.

That list is a bit of a misnomer, we could create a high-noise@ ML. Or just
live with the name.

> > So it seems that the CFLAGS+="stuff" is not working as intended.
>
> Right. The Makefile.am probably should use AM_CFLAGS an do not set
> CFLAGS directly?

I usually have no clue about automake until you turn up one day and teach me
how it's done :) I'd believe you any day.

> > I repeat myself, but adding --enable-sanitize is not a lot of effort.
> > See http://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore/commit/?id=a23817622b28cb1969a73ffd36da501eb29b9cd7
>
> I like it as it has helped us to find a build system error. When I

Wasn't aware that passing CFLAGS+= is a feature that should not be broken, if
that is so then let's fix it.

  libosmocore/$ rgrep CFLAGS  |grep Makefile.am | grep -v _CFLAGS
  src/Makefile.am:29:viterbi_sse.lo : CFLAGS += -msse3 -msse4.1
  src/Makefile.am:31:viterbi_sse.lo : CFLAGS += -msse3
  src/Makefile.am:37:viterbi_sse_avx.lo : CFLAGS += -msse3 -mavx2 -msse4.1
  src/Makefile.am:39:viterbi_sse_avx.lo : CFLAGS += -msse3 -mavx2

It seems to be firmly related to the viterbi build.  @vadim, could you fix this
to not use CFLAGS? Look around in the Makefile.am s to find the proper way to
do it, I guess.

~N