osmo-trx jenkins

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Thu Jan 19 00:18:20 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> I'm sorry to have to get back to this topic, but I think we have to
> re-introduce support for "old" UHD versions in osmo-trx.  It is creating
> too much fall-out and breakage down the road.

Understood. The more recent 3.9 series of UHD releases is the
recommended version by Ettus Research and the reason behind the recent
change, however, enforcing the requirement seems to create as many
issues as it solves.

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 05:21:40PM -0700, Tom Tsou wrote:
>> PPA packages are available.
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~ettusresearch/+archive/ubuntu/uhd-3.9.lts
>
> That may be the case, but it apparently is not possible to add such
> external package feed to "standard" / "commonly used" build systems like
> OBS, which we use. So we have the choice of building yet another set of
> uhd drivers for all supported distributions, or we have to enable
> osmo-trx to support older UHD versions.

I briefly looked into the PPA approach, but did not arrive at any
obvious solution. I am not opposed to reintroducing older version
support.

> So if I read this correctly, with a few #ifdefs, even multi-carrier can
> be supported?

Some features will likely be disabled with older UHD versions. Some
amount of investigation and testing will be needed to clarify
feature-version dependencies. I am looking into those dependencies
now.

  -TT