Handover and load balancing on SysmoBTS 2050

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 20:05:13 UTC 2017

Hi Keith,

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 7:42 AM, Keith <keith at rhizomatica.org> wrote:
> Hi Alexander, seeing as how you came in on the thread, as a side topic,
> you may have noticed I mentioned meas_json and meas_web in the OP. I
> fixed up a small thing with meas_json that was producing unparseable
> json in the neighbours array.

Thank you. Please submit a patch when main meas_json lands into the master.

It looks like the patch was lost during the patchworks->Gerrit
transition, so I re-submitted it to Gerrit here:
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/1915/

> I also did some stuff server side to
> filter for either SDCCH or TCH, although I think I would make this a
> clientside javascript filter option, rather than running multiple websocketd

Yes, this should rather be client side I believe.

> I added the neighbour levels to the displayed data. I hardcoded the
> ARFCNs for the site in question, but I would make that happen dynamically.
> I found this quite useful for monitoring in relation to analysis on this
> site and the would-be handover scenario.

Sounds very useful indeed! And yes, ARFCN clearly should be dynamic
before such a change oculd be merged. But this doesn't mean you should
not commit your change in a WIP branch - commit early, commit often.
:)

> I'm wondering what to do with this work.

I'm glad the code is useful and happy to review your changes.

> Should I make a commit of meas_json to master? In that case I would
> appreciate some minor help getting the Makefile right.

If the commit is ready in general - please submit it to Gerrit and add
me as a reviewer.

> Maybe meas_json is not a candidate for the master branch, as it doesn't
> currently do anything particularly useful without the external
> dependencies, ie meas_web and websocketd or alternative.

Well, it's a kind of an external API, so it's as useful as any other API.

> I can publish my work on meas_web to github.

That would be great. Please submit a pull request when you feel ready.

Alexander Chemeris.
CTO/Founder, Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co