Jenkins integration of OsmoBSC TTCN-3 test suite

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Dec 20 14:19:04 UTC 2017

Hi Holger,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 11:47:29PM +0000, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > I'll stop working on the test coverage for now and focus on other areas
> > of testing first (as well as fixing some of the now-known bugs).  Any
> > help is greatly appreciated.
>
> congrats. Nice findings! Some are known limitations, some due lack of
> knowledge (complete layer3 is fun) but for a few I wondered if I didn't
> test/implement it. ;)

Well, things also break over time, of course.  When writing the tests it
was of course clear to me that some of those features are not
implemented.  But then still, we should be testing for them as a
reminder of what we still need to do.

> It took me a bit to realize that this is of course about osmo-bsc.git and
> the new sigtran/sccp stack. Do you think anyone else might be equally
> wondering? I wanted to change the project description but as I am not
> sure I am opening it for bike shedding. ;)

sure, just go ahead.

In general, the old code is referred-to as 'osmo-bsc-sccplite' (in the git
repositories, the executable name we create, debian/ubuntu packages, etc.).

The focus on new osmo-bsc is still on 3GPP AoIP M3UA, but re-adding SCCPlite
is certainly still on the agenda.  More precisely: the IPA transport and
M3UA/IPA translation in osmo-bsc is already working.  It's the BSSMAP
dialect differences and MGCP handling which is missing/untested in the
new osmo-bsc code base.

Now that we have TTCN-3 tests for the SCCPlite osmo-bsc_nat it should be
possible to first create SCCPlite tests and then drive the related
development based by those tests.