Getting started with Osmocom and LimeNet Mini ?

Andrew Frazer andrew.frazer at stellascapes.com
Mon Dec 18 19:48:43 UTC 2017

I recently saw this video / post in which Osmocom had be used to create a GSM Base Station with a LimeSDR mini and a Raspberry PI.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limesdr-mini/updates/gsm-base-station-demo

I was very interested in this, because I need to be able to test cellular broadcast messages, and this seemed to provide a way to do this..  CB seems to be supported in Osmocom.

I am a bit overwhelmed about what I need to install, to get a minimal, but functioning ‘system’ running, so I can test some features..  I ordered a LimeSDR and it hopefully will arrive sometime after the new year

But I wanted to get a jump start on it now.       Is there some instructions in the wiki, I just did’tn know which ones to follow.

Kind Regards