Getting started with Osmocom and LimeNet Mini ?

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Mon Dec 18 21:04:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

For the specific parts when using a LimeSDR, you can check the wiki page
which is already mentioned in the link you shared [1].

You will basically need to install LimeSuite, SopadySDR, SoapyUHD and
libuhd, as explained in the same wiki page (there's a step by step
section to compile everything yourself). I personally installed most of
the dependencies required from both normal and AUR repositories since
I'm using Archlinux, so not sure if there's an apt repository for debian
systems.

For the generic parts you need to run the GSM network, you can easily
install them using the osmocom apt repositories [2].

I think you can also find the "limesuite" package available in the
osmocom repositories btw.

After my initial tests, it mostly works but I found some issues, which I
started to work on. For instance, lots of times when I start osmo-trx or
osmo-bts-trx, one of the two fails due to some timeout [3]. We also
found out that the RX antenna is by default connected to the
LowFrequency RX input which may not be suitable for arfcns in band
DCS1800, which we were using at the moment, and we had to plug the
antenna to the WideFrequency one.

[1] https://osmocom.org/projects/osmotrx/wiki/LimeSDR_Family
[2] https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Nightly_Builds
[3] https://osmocom.org/issues/2723