OsmoBTS -> libosmogsm code migration

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 20:18:13 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I just wrote a simple test to ensure, that the new library
performs valid transcoding. I used a DCCH "LAPDM U, func=UI"
frame for simplicity, and good news is that test passed. See
attachment for details.

In the test I wrote the best signal quality is assumed. So,
ubit 0 is sbit -127 and ubit 1 is 127. But there is no such
things as miracles, and on practice error correction takes
place. So, we need to make sure, that correction works.

I am going to write tests and I have some questions:

1) How can I know the maximum count of bits can be corrected
   for a specific channel type?
2) In case of:
   gsm0503_*_decode(... int *n_errors, int *n_bits_total);
   What do the two last params mean?
3) Can anyone provide me some samples for GPRS and EDGE?
   It will take some time to set up PDCH support in my
   test network.

Thanks in advance!

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.