OsmoBTS -> libosmogsm code migration

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Sep 27 23:59:46 UTC 2016

Dear Vadim,

it migt be a coincidence that I was in the "To" line of the mail, but
just for clarification for me personally and the team at sysmocom: The
BTS models we use don't use the gsm0503_* code, as we don't use
osmo-bts-trx.  The amount of involvement I had with the osmo-bts-trx
code was merely to adopt it to some core infrastructural changes in
osmo-bts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that osmo-bts-trx (and osmo-trx)
exists, but it is unfortunately still pretty much in lack of proper
maintenance.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 02:18:13AM +0600, Vadim Yanitskiy wrote:
> 1) How can I know the maximum count of bits can be corrected
>    for a specific channel type?

I have no input on that, see above.

> 2) In case of:
>    gsm0503_*_decode(... int *n_errors, int *n_bits_total);
>    What do the two last params mean?

output variables: the number of error bits in the decoded frame and the
number of total bits in the frame.  Used to calculate BER.

> 3) Can anyone provide me some samples for GPRS and EDGE?
>    It will take some time to set up PDCH support in my
>    test network.

I hope the primary proponents, beneficiaries and users of the related
code will be able to help out with that.