OsmoBTS -> libosmogsm code migration

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 16:03:52 UTC 2016

Hi Harald,

> As re-licensing is approved by all authors meahwile, a sub-library
> inside libosmocore.git seems the solution.

Thanks for you assistance!

> I would assume most projects would be interested in the coding of one
> specific technology, and not all of them at the same time.  Yes, there
> might be exceptions as a multi-RAT signal analyzer, but that could then
> very easily link several libraries.
>
> So my preference would be to have a '2g' specific library, and reflect
> that in the name by using either '2g' or 'gsm' as part of the name.

Ok, this is reasonable opinion and I am agree with you. There is only one
possible variant in my mind - 'libosmogsm-coding'. What about this one?

As soon as we reach an agreement in this question, I will update the
lastest change and, I hope, my changes will be merged. Also, I would
like to ask anyone to check the change, because this is first time I
am adding a new library :)

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.