RF power problems with current master of osmo-trx

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 07:54:03 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

I'm moving this discussion to the OpenBSC mailing list, as it has
nothing to do with UmTRX, but rather with OsmoTRX.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Tom Tsou <tom at tsou.cc> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 1:22 AM, Andreas Eversberg <andreas at eversberg.eu> wrote:
>> once a channel was activeated,
>> there will be RF power on the specific TS, even when osmo-bts does not send
>> bursts anymore. i guess that some filler table of osmo-trx causes it. i
>> think it would be nice if osmo-trx would stop transmitting, when there are
>> no more bursts comming from osmo-bts. (at least after a while.)
>
> Yes, this is the behaviour of the filler table, which will resend the
> previous frame until a new frame arrives. Sending an idle frame will
> disable output, which is how the filler table is managed in OpenBTS.
> You can disable the filler table with this patch.

Could you make this configurable from the command line or from the
socket control interface?

I believe we should leave filler table as the default option, but
allow one to disable it when OsmoTRX is used with OsmoBTS.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru