RF power problems with current master of osmo-trx

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Sat Jan 25 08:08:45 UTC 2014

Alexander Chemeris wrote:
>> Yes, this is the behaviour of the filler table, which will resend the
>> >previous frame until a new frame arrives. Sending an idle frame will
>> >disable output, which is how the filler table is managed in OpenBTS.
>> >You can disable the filler table with this patch.
> Could you make this configurable from the command line or from the
> socket control interface?
>
> I believe we should leave filler table as the default option, but
> allow one to disable it when OsmoTRX is used with OsmoBTS.
hi alexander,

i think that it does not make sense to add a special option for
osmo-bts. better would be to make osmo-bts behave correctly, i.e.
similar to OpenBTS. currently osmobts-trx does not send a burst (TRX >
0), if the channel to which it belongs is deactivated.

the question to thomas was: how do i send an idle frame, so the filler
table gets cleared.

best regards,

andreas