GPRS, EDGE support

Don Fanning don at 00100100.net
Fri Jan 24 16:20:33 UTC 2014

Again, I can't speak to the USRP or BladeRF.  OpenBTS is a completely
different project with a completely different scope.  The projects share
very little of a common code base therefore I would consider it
incompatible as architecturally they are night and day.  OpenBTS is a hack
of GSM protocol while OpenBSC is a emulation of the GSM/GPRS mobile network
infrastructure.

If I had to recommend available compatible hardware, I would suggest
community based hardware like Harald's own sysmoBTS or Alexander's UmTRX.