OsmoBTS on RAD1

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Fri Jan 10 11:39:36 UTC 2014

On Jan 9, 2014 3:26 PM, "Kurtis Heimerl" <kheimerl at cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> With the RAD1, the system is beaconing correctly. However, phones are
unable to camp. I logged a phone trying to camp on both the RAD1 and a B100
to compare the output and see if anything jumps out. The osmoBTS/osmo-nitb
logs are seemingly identical, but the transceiver outputs are different.

By beaconing correctly, you mean the handset recognize the network?
Based on these logs, you're not receiving  RACH bursts.

Both of the transceiver outputs are attached. The only big difference I see
is in the "underflows" on the RAD1, which in my experience is a
deal-breaker; that's not usually an easy fix.

This is unrelated to osmo-bts. The effect on performance will depend on the
frequency of occurrence.

-TT